New Year, New Decade, New trends.
With the beginning of a new decade, it is no surprise that new trends are going to come our way. It is a part of our job to keep you updated with the emerging trends to make sure your digital brand and website keeps shining.
So without further delay, let’s dive into the emerging technology trends and see what 2020 has in store for us!
1. Artificial Intelligence (AI)
When most people hear the term artificial intelligence, the first thing they usually think of is robots. Well, that’s because most big-production movies and sci-fi novels often tell stories about human-like machines that wreak havoc on Earth. But that couldn’t be further from the truth.
Artificial intelligence (AI) refers to the replication of human intelligence in machines that are programmed to think like humans and mimic their actions. The term may also be applied to any machine that exhibits traits associated with a human mind such as learning and problem-solving.
- Examples of artificial intelligence include manufacturing robots, self-driving cars, travel booking agent, proactive healthcare management, smart assistants, conversational marketing bot, etc.
- The goals of artificial intelligence include learning, reasoning, and perception.
- Artificial intelligence can be divided into two different categories: weak and strong. Weak AI is simple and single-task oriented, while strong AI carries on tasks that are more complex and human-like.
- Artificial intelligence is not here to replace humans. It amplifies our abilities and makes us better at what we do.
The Cloud is a term used to describe a global network of servers, each with a unique function, which are hooked together and meant to operate as a single ecosystem. Cloud servers are located in data centers all over the world.
These servers are designed to store/manage data, run applications, or deliver content or a service such as streaming videos, webmail, office productivity software, or social media.
With the help of the Cloud, the users don’t have to manage physical servers themselves or run software applications on their machines. They can easily access files and data online from their personal computer and the information will be available to them anywhere and anytime.
- The most common examples of Cloud are cloud email providers like Gmail & Microsoft Office 365, and cloud storage providers like Dropbox & Google Drive.
- Businesses use four different methods to deploy cloud resources – Public Cloud, Private Cloud, Hybrid Cloud, and Multi-Cloud.
- Public cloud shares resources and services to the public over the Internet. A private cloud offers services over a private internal network typically hosted on-premises. A hybrid cloud shares services between public and private clouds depending on their purpose and community. A multi-cloud offers virtual servers and services from several external vendors to an organization.
A chatbot is artificial intelligence (AI) software that can imitate a conversation (or a chat) with a user in natural language through messaging applications, websites, mobile apps, or telephones. It’s almost like talking to a human.
Chatbots are meant to assist users with the information they need without having a human interface in-between them. A Chatbot (AI bot), learns over time and gets better at answering questions.
- There are several platforms for AI-based chatbots such as Alexa, Siri, Cortana, Google Assistant, etc.
- Chatbots are used for customer inquiry, customer/employee self-service, and management reporting like ERP and CRM.
- They can be significant in terms of saving time to get information as well as having a single window for querying all relevant information sources.
- Chatbots that offer better customer service will provide better customer retention and feedback.
- Chatbots are available any time 24/7.
4. Voice Assistant
Wouldn’t it be a luxury if there would be an assistant who’d always listen to your call, anticipates your needs, and takes action when demanded? Well, thanks to AI voice assistants, this luxury is very real now.
A voice assistant is a digital assistant that uses voice recognition, speech synthesis, and natural language processing (NLP) to provide a service through a particular application.
Voice assistants come in somewhat small packages and can perform a variety of actions after hearing a wake call or command. They can turn on lights, answer questions, play music, place online orders, make a call, etc.
- Some popular Voice Assistants are Siri by Apple, Google Assistant by Google, Alexa by Amazon, Cortana by Microsoft, Bixby by Samsung, etc. These are also known as intelligent personal assistants.
- Most devices we use in our daily lives utilize voice assistants like smartphones, smart speakers, cars, retail, education, healthcare, and telecommunications.
- Voice assistants can also take notes, record action items, set meetings on calendars, and create to-do and follow-up lists. This can save time and keep people focused on a business meeting.
In this blog, we have discussed the best and newest trends and technologies that are must-haves for your website.
Remember that only knowledge is not sufficient, you need to hire the best web app developer, who can help you in incorporating such advanced and futuristic technologies in your website.
If you enjoyed reading this blog, then let us know in the comments below, and don’t forget to share! Thanks for reading!